The Bod Pod test is a non-invasive, painless, and quick way for men, women, and even babies to measure their body composition. It’s safe even for the elderly and those with special needs.
With the Bod Pod, you don’t need to be submerged into a tank of water like you would in hydrostatic weighing. It also doesn’t involve passing electrical currents and x-rays through your body. Even the skinfold test is far more uncomfortable than a Bod Pod test.
Who Can Benefit from a Bod Pod Test?
As mentioned above, the Bod Pod is safe for everyone. Its most common uses are:
- For anyone who wants real results in their fitness program
- For athletes from various sports programs
- In gyms and training clubs
- In school athletic programs
- In bodybuilding competitions
- Hospitals, clinics, and other medical facilities
How Does the Bod Pod Work?
Bod Pod uses a state-of-the-art Air Displacement Plethysmography technology to measure your body composition. Your body composition is the ratio of your body fat to your lean tissue.
The Bod Pod has two compartments. The test chamber is where you sit during the testing. The other one, the reference chamber, contains the instruments that determine your body volume and body mass. The changes in the pressure between the two chambers before and after your entry help assess your body volume.
The Bod Pod test can provide the following measurements, which will you’ll see in the print-out of your test results:
- Fat mass
- Fat-free mass
- Body mass
- Body volume
- Body density
- Body fat percentage
- Fat-free mass percentage
As you can see in this list, the Bod Pod is an excellent way for you to measure the improvement you got from your fitness or nutrition program.
The Bod Pod Test Process
To get a Bod Pod test in Maryland, follow this procedure:
- Schedule an appointment online or make a call to (443) 230-4022.
- Prepare for the test. Don’t exercise, eat, or drink anything – yes, that includes supplements, coffee, and energy drinks – two hours before your scheduled test.
- Take the test. Wear light clothing, like a Lycra swimsuit, and remove all accessories. Leave your mobile phone in your bag and keep it on airplane mode.
- Get inside the Bod Pod, sit comfortably, and breathe as you normally would. You’ll only be inside the Bod Pod for three to five minutes. A technician will be there to assist you.
- Change back into your clothing while waiting for your result. The whole process won’t take longer than 15 minutes.
- You can also opt to have a fitness consultation with an expert. This way, you can get a simple, easy-to-follow meal plan that’s designed to meet your body’s needs.
Where to Go for a Bod Pod Test in Maryland?
You can get a Bod Pod test at Top Fitness Pod inside empowered Fitness at 8019 Belair Rd, Suite 1, Nottingham, Maryland. If you’re a competitive athlete, it’s best to have a Bod Pod test every two months to make sure that you’re in top form. If you’re trying to lose body fat, get yourself tested at least once a year to determine whether your fitness program is working.